So yesterday I had my 24 week appointment. Our little girl was fantastic with her little heart just racing away. It was at 150, which is pretty high for her. She normally averages in the low 140's. Must have been that Hershey's bar I ate before I went in to the doctor's. The doctor gave me a new hint for my DHA pills, which I tend to burp up. Anyone like the aftertaste of fish oil? yeah I didn't think so. BUT . . . my doctor got on to me about my weight gain. Yes I know 8 lbs is alot in 3 weeks, but total I'm only up 14 lbs. Problem is, is that I started out overweight so the amount I should gain is between 20 and 25 lbs. Ummm . . . that would mean I'm only 6 lbs away. AHHHHHHHHH!! So of course she asked me why and I told her it was probably all the crappy food I have eaten. Here is my list of bad food I ate in the last 3 weeks:
- a big bag of powdered donuts (yes by myself)
- hershey's bars (the ones from halloween)
- brownies
- cokes (more than 1 a day. I have been pretty stressed)
- fast food
- pop tarts
- LOTS of cereal, Life cereal to be exact
- cookies
- rice krispy treats - I went through a phase that thankfully I'm out of now.
- 3 helpings of Sweet potato casserole - I wait all year for this stuff!!! lol
So all in all, I ate pretty terribly. So when I got home, I got rid of all the halloween candy, especially the chocolate. Chris still has his Reeses though because I won't touch them. There is no more fruit snacks, rice krispy treats, pop tarts and candy in the house. We luckily finished the cokes and brownies this past weekend so nothing there. Ugghhh, I'm just so upset with myself that I let it get that bad. I guess everyone falls, just gotta get back up. I have decided that there is no more fast food what-so-ever, which means I will probably spend the weekend cooking and then putting stuff in containers for me to take to work. This is good practice for when the baby gets here and I'm working. Atleast I will be prepared. Chris and I will probably start taking the dogs for a walk on Friday, Saturday and Sunday that way I can exercise. Since he is out of town, I can't take all three dogs myself and I'm not really comfortable walking by myself in our neighborhood. I will also start trying to incorporate more of a GD diet into my routine too. So lots of protien with little amounts of sugar. I'm trying to get a jump on it because I have this feeling I'm going to be diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes, GD, because of the amount of sweets I normally eat. Hopefully, this will help Chris lose some of the weight he has wanted to lose and keep me and our little girl healthy. All I know, is I do NOT want a 10 lb baby!!!!
Christmas shopping for my mom has been done, now I'm just waiting for it to arrive. I was also able to get 1/2 of our nephews gifts. I'm so excited to see the family for Christmas. I am also hoping and praying that my in-laws can BOTH make it down for Christmas from Canada.
Well that is enough rambling!
Yikes! a 10 lb baby is the stuff of nightmares for me. I really dont want the c-section recupe period and there is no way a 10lb baby is coming out of me unless its cut out. At least you are taller than me. =) I am glad you are getting on the GD diet early. GD is no fun.
ReplyDelete