Thursday, December 9, 2010

Holiday season

Christmas time is upon us in full force.  We are going to visit my husbands family this year in Houston, which is really exciting.  We are all going over to my sister-in-laws house, which is beautiful, and we are going to eat and get to celebrate just being with family.  This type of stuff I love because when I was a child, my parents and I didn't do this.  Most of my mom's family is on the West coast and my dad's is on the East coast.  Usually it was just the 3 of us celebrating Christmas.  Now that was not a bad thing, but after being around my husband's family for Thanksgiving and Christmas it really made me start to think about how much I want that for our child and future children.  I love my parents and I know they did what they could but I hope that my husband and I are able to give our children a wonderful Christmas every year surrounded by family.  I know there will be times when that doesn't happen but I know we will try.

Update on the little one and myself.  As I have now made it to 25 weeks as of yesterday, I am getting more and more nervous about the GTT (Glucose tolerance test).  I have tried to change my diet as much as possible by eating more healthy.  I only ate fast food once in the past two weeks.  I haven't been getting much exercise, but I blame that competely on myself and Chris being out of town.  I think I might try to drag him to the outlet mall to go get his mom and dad's Christmas gifts.  Back to the food though, I have been trying to cook for us and I even tried to meal plan.  Problem with me and meal planning is that what I want changes about every 5 min or so.  Needless to say the meal planning didn't completely work out but it did keep me from going and getting dinner from somewhere or from completely not eating. 

Little one is kicking like crazy, when she is awake.  I think yesterday she kicked almost all day long.  At least it sure felt like that.  I wonder how active she will actually be when she is out of there.  For a while she wasn't very active and was always sleeping when I went to get an ultrasound but now that I can feel her, it is like she has gone crazy!

In other news, there is approximately 1 1/2 months left till my shower (a little less than that actually).  This means I am very close to getting a bunch of stuff for our little girl and I am pretty close to having this baby.  Am I ready?  MORE THAN READY.  Is the house ready?  Ummm . . . not so much.  I can't believe that at my shower I will be 31 weeks.  Thats crazy talk right there!!!  The time is just flying like crazy and there is no way to stop it. 

All in all, I will probably try to take my GTT test the week of Christmas, because Chris is taking off and he told me he would cook me breakfast and sit with me.  The house is no closer to being ready for this baby and we only have a little more than 3 months left!!

1 comment:

  1. Do it before Christmaes so you can break all the rules for 24 hours of holiday bliss without messing up the test. FYI- Recent studies state that significant sleep 8-9 hours straight a night drastically reduce chance of diabities. Apparently lack of deep sleep makes you prone to diabities. So dont forget to get your sleep!

    ReplyDelete