Wednesday, February 2, 2011

It's cold outside!!

To start out with, it is scary being pregnant and knowing snow and ice are probably headed your way.  People just start driving all crazy and they are either going 5 miles per hour or 80 miles per hour.  That is not comforting to a pregnant lady.  The other thing is that I drive an hour to get to work, so my anxiety is not eased by having a close commute.

Secondly, if I could imagine Bree talking right now, this is the note she would write to her Nana and Pappy:

Dear Nana and Pappy,

You are Awesome!

Love,
Bree

Why is this note important?  Well because Nana and Pappy are truly awesome.  No explination needed, I think that is enough!

So carpet people should be coming on Friday to take the measurements, but I need to confirm with Home Depot to make sure.  Once I know when the carpet will be installed, its full steam ahead on getting the furniture and all of her stuff ready.  Her bedding should be in sometime very soon and I CANNOT wait to see it in her crib.  I'm hoping the carpet will be done no later than 2 weeks from now.  At least at 35 weeks I can still function.  I am loosing more and more brain cells by the day!  Once the furniture is in her room, her letters will be place and let the shopping commence.  Oh I'm sure Chris will love to hear that LOL!  On a serious note, we will be picking things up pretty regularly at that point.  She has lots of toys coming in (Thanks Nana and Pappy) and we will just need to pick up diapers, wipes and some newborn clothes.  We have quite a few 3 - 6 months but nothing for newborn or 0-3 months.  Thank you Carter's for your coupon because Chris and I will be visiting often!

Almost done prepping everything for the BFF's shower on Saturday.  Lets just hope the weather cooperates because I doubt Chris is going down with me to Houston. 

33 weeks today and an appointment on Friday morning!

1 comment:

  1. You may want to hold off on the 0-3/NB clothing till the bitter end. If Bree is big she wont fit in any of it. 0-3 months is typically 8-12 lbs. The avg baby is 7lbs and gains a lb in the first month easy peasy. I was about 7lbs 4 ounces at birth. We got E one NB outfit (the going home one)and a few (5?) 0-3month onesies. I will order anything else (Thank you online shopping!) after she is born. Jill had a surprise 10lb baby and started her out at 3-6month clothing. 0-3 only lasted a week. So happy for you about the carpet and bedding! Dont forget your registry compleation discount. You can ask for it early.

    ReplyDelete