I am almost 37 weeks pregnant and I can't wait for this child to come out. She has caused so many problems. Given that I just want to hold her, I don't know if my body can last for the next 3 or so weeks.
Doctor's appointment on Friday was enlightening and exciting. I found out why the swelling in my ankles won't go down. My loving daughter is sunny-side up and pushing on the veins/arteries in my back. Awesome huh? Therefore my feet look like Shrek feet. I'm not getting enough blood flow to my feet anymore causing them to also look very red/purple. I'm just glad MY doctor figured out what the problem was instead of brushing it off like the on-call OB on Wed. My doctor was also very happy that I did call on Wed night and made the trip to the ER. So 1 good point for me =) The good news from Friday's appointment, I am 1-2 cm dialated and 25% effaced. Given that I could stay like this for a while, progress is progress! The internal was very uncomforatable but all in all it wasnt too bad.
The weekend was not quite as relaxing as Chris and I would have wanted. He really is trying to help me out since my elephant feet have taken over. We chose some carpet and now we just need to place the order and have someone come out to remeasure the areas. At least the carpet we chose is in stock and can be put in fairly quickly. We were going to go to the Sherwood Forest Faire on Saturday, but Chris was really worried about my feet and ankles, so we held off and just went to grab lunch. We also took a quick trip to Hobby Lobby so I could buy the fabric for Bree's baby book. I'm so excited to get started on this project. Since I haven't been able to really clean my house because of everything that has to be done or moved, I have been feeling pretty useless. We were also invited over to Andy and Leslie's NEW house!!!!!! YAY for them!!! We had a fantastic dinner, but after about 3 hours I couldn't keep it together anymore and Chris and I drove home. The pain and agony of my stupid ankles is ridiculous.
Sunday was supposed to be a day where we just kinda chilled out and put our feet up. Literally!!! I can't really walk around very easily after about 10 minutes so it can cause some problems. Time Warner cable came to install a new modem because we just upgraded our internet to the fastest they offer. After they left, Chris plugged us up directly to the wireless modem they gave us, instead of the modem we were using and low and behold, the internet stopped working on one of the computers, but would work on the other one. So after 2 hours of trying to figure out the stupid internet, we just plugged it back in to our router and suddenly it worked. Ugh, how I hate Time Warner Cable!!!! Chris then took me to the Sherwood Forest Faire! Woo hoo!! Although, I went knowing I couldn't stay long because of my feet, we had a great time. It was painfully warm though so I was very appreciative to go home after only 2 hours. We did eat some great food though! Once home, Chris and I put in Bree's car seat. Who knew that our car seat is almost too big for even the truck?!? So after about an hour of dealing with that, the car seat was in and we finished cleaning out the truck and the cobalt. Now we just need to get them cleaned!
We finished off the night by going to HEB and dealing with really stupid people there. I was so glad to get out of there. We got home and cooked dinner even though neither one of us really ate anything. I know its terrible to be pregnant and not eat anything, I just wasn't very hungry. We both ended up going to be exhausted too.
Up for this week:
Doctor's appointment on Wed afternoon . . .
Carpet (at some point) . . .
Finish up my Hospital bag . . .
Wash Bree's clothes . . .
Pick up a few more items for her room and for her . . .
. . . Everything else can wait. Come on Bree, lets get you outta there and into the world!
36 weeks, 5 days!
Yay for progress!! Flip over little girl so we can get the party started! I am desperately trying to remember what exercises flip babies. I know they mentioned this... and I forgot. I think it was pelvic tilts. Think hip isolations while in doggy style. Sounds fun right? It moves her away from the spine and I think promotes her to roll over. http://www.ehow.com/way_5703347_exercises-right-position-during-pregnancy.html The end is getting near. Hang in there Momma.
ReplyDelete