Monday, February 7, 2011

Snow Day and a busy weekend

So Friday was a bit interesting.  All the weather stations had been predicting snow, but we live in Texas and snow is not something we take lightly.  Therefore, I was very cautious to believe snow was coming.  The scary part about Texas cold is the ice, which we do get.  Needless to say, everyone here was preparing to take as many precautions as possible, myself included.  Its not easy or safe to drive on icy roads, but I would be more willing to do it if I wasn't 33 weeks pregnant.  Anyways, we got snow, but under the snow, we had a layer of ice.  My entire office pretty much shut down unless you lived close enough or had a 4x4 truck that would allow you to get there safely.  Thank goodness I have some of the most wonderful bosses because they told me not to even chance it.  What a relief that I wasn't being "forced" to go to work.  So Friday was a pretty good day.  I got to spend the entire day with Chris and we did get a few things done, but ended up not leaving the house until we knew the ground was just a bit wet, no ice!

Meanwhile, this past week, I had been working to print, cut and organize all the stuff for Denae's baby shower.  I wish I wasn't 7.5 months pregnant because I know it could have been better, but that is besides the point.  She was surrounded by family and friends, that weren't sick (LOL), and they spoiled Elena with many many great gifts, which is the important part anyways.  The only thing that kind of upset me, was my mom showing up almost an 1 1/2 hours late.  Oh well, what can you do?!  The shower overall seemed like it went well and I really hope Denae enjoyed it. 

Once the shower was done, we went a visited some family and then drove right back home.  The only problem with this was the fact that my ankles were super swollen, especially the one that I have a blood clot in.  Unfortuantely, it is still swollen today.  I have soaked in a tub, I have been walking around, I have had it elevated and nothing seems to work.  Along with the swollen ankle, while driving home I couldn't get comfortable.  My legs would start hurting, so I would shift, then my feet, so I would shift again.  It was probably driving Chris insane!  By the time we were close to Kyle, I was just about out and thank goodness.  I did my best to stay awake for Chris's sake, but I was so exhausted that I couldn't keep my eyes open any more.  When we got home, we let the dogs out, who by the way did a great job at NOT tearing anything up, and then we went straight to bed.

Sunday . . .  We slept really late and my exhausted body was in a state of comeplete achyness.  I know that isn't really a word but it is for me!  Every part of my body hurt.  We really didn't start moving around until about noon and even then we were both slow to get up and take our showers.  Chris had been wanting On The Boarder and we don't have one, so we went to grab lunch at Serrano's at Southpark meadows.  Now Chris knew what he was getting himself into when he took me there.  Its not that I eat alot, but there is a Carter's in the shopping center, which is just trouble.  I had been eyeing a diaper bag there, so after lunch we went to see if it was still there and avalible.  Low and behold, there was one that I liked even better!!!  Moral of the story . . . I got my diaper bag.  (Pictures will come later)

Back to the weekly grind this week with work and everything else that has to be done.  I also realized this morning that I really only have 3 weeks left until I'm considered "full term."  This happens at 37 weeks!  Wow scary!!!

33 weeks, 5 days . . . and counting!

No comments:

Post a Comment