Wednesday, February 9, 2011

"new job"

So I don't really have a "new job" so to speak, but my company moves me back and forth between two companies.  They are two totally different companies too.  One of the companies applies plasma coatings to different things and the other is a pharmaceutical/biotech company.  I was hired on by the plasma company when I first started working here, then I got switched to the pharma compnay.  I enjoy both companies for very different reasons.  Needless to say, I am again working for the plasma coating company and I am enjoying how quickly the day goes by.  When the coatings take an hour to complete, it just seems like my day goes by soooooooo much faster.  Plus it is something that I feel very comfortable with.  I didn't study pharma or biochem in college so I feel less at ease around pharma type stuff.

Anyways, enough about work.  Monday afternoon I was squeezed into the doctor's office to do my 33 week check up.  My original appointment was on Friday, but since the snow + ice the doctors office wasn't open.  We had a minor scare with my blood pressure and some excessive swelling, but all is well.  For some reason my blood pressure was "high".  Now it wasn't actually high, but rather high for me.  The bottom number for my blood pressure is usually around 60, but when they initially took my blood pressure it was at 78.  So it was pretty high for me.  Did a urine test for protein and that came back negative . . . so far I still DO NOT have Pre-e.  I don't expect to get it, but I'm glad to know that when something out of the ordinary happens my doctor tries to figure it out right away.  Bree was great with a heart rate of 143, cyst looks good and left ankle still swollen but it will be until this pregnancy is over with. 

Carpet people are finally coming to measure on Saturday and as soon as it makes it back to the store, we can pay and get that crap on order!!!  (Thank you Mom and Dad P.)  The carpet should be in by the end of the month, which means that we should be able to finish putting in her furniture by the second weekend in March!  I know that is cutting it close, but that is the only way to do it.  Bree's pack n' play and swing are in so really we are fine.  We also recieved our baby food maker and more toys yesterday, so I'm feeling like we are in a good place right now. 

Updated to do list:
  • pack hospital bag
  • get carpet installed
  • finish nursery
  • make frozen meal list and start preparing them
  • get the dogs ready
  • purchase last minute items
  • paint the base boards in Bree's room - won't take long just have to do it!
  • wash Bree's clothes
  • finish cleaning the house so we can get a maid to come in and deep clean it
  • create my birth plan
  • let everyone know about the "call list" - its more like a please just call these people first, then call whoever you want. 
I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things but really I feel more prepared after looking at my list.  Honestly, I think Chris and I are in a really good place right now.  My nesting is just starting to appear, although I never really thought it would be that bad.  I know there are other things that I would like to get done (like clean out the storage closet under the stairs and get rid of the trash stacking up in the garage) but they are just going to have to wait.  I think Mom and Dad P. are going to have to help with the trash stuff once they get up here. 

34 weeks today . . . only 3 more weeks until I'm considered "full term"

1 comment:

  1. 3 weeks? Where has the time gone? I am sure everything will snap into place at last minute.

    ReplyDelete