Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Back to work and the start of Daycare

The last 6 weeks were amazing.  Being home with my daughter was the best thing I could EVER ask for.  I loved every minute of it.  It is exhausting and you can't get anything else done, but watching her grow was awesome.  Now that I am back at work, I feel like I will miss so much.  I am afraid she will start crawling at daycare and walking and talking.  All those things, that as a parent, YOU want to be the first to witness.  I know this is something I will get over and move on from, but it will always be in the back of my mind. 

To answer a few of your questions:
1.  I can't work part time.  My job doesn't allow it and we can't afford it.
2.  I can't be a SAHM (stay at home mom) either.  We can't afford it.

So there you have it . . . daycare it is.

Bree's daycare is great so far.  Everytime I have gone up there, everyone is very nice.  Her classroom is pretty big and very well decorated.  They have 2 recliners for rocking, 3 swings, a few boppy pillows, 3 or 4 bouncing chairs and lots of toys.  Most of the kids in her room are pretty mobile, but I think she is doing well.  I know yesterday she had a pretty good day.  She napped twice.  Thats more than she ever napped at home. I think daycare will be a good addition to our lives.  Hopefully, we can work with them to help us develop a routine. 

Bree is doing well.  At her last appointment she was 10 lbs, 3 oz and was 22 in. long.  She is growing so fast!!  We are still nursing and supplementing her right now, which is working for us, although it is a bit tiring during the night!  She is not a very fussy baby.  She has her moments but other than that she is a very happy baby.  She is starting to grab for her toys and smiling at me when I talk to her.  She can hold her head up on her own for a good 15 to 30 seconds now.  I think it is time to break out the mirrors and books and start playtime at night!!  I will let Chris head that part up since he is sooo anxious to play with her!

Right now I am anxiously awaiting my BFF's baby to arrive.  She is due May 22nd but she has already started having some contractions!!  Woo hoo!!!!!  

Weight at the end of my pregnancy:  220 lbs
Weight as of last doctors appointment:  189 lbs

31 lbs down, 5 more to go! 

1 comment:

  1. I am behind in my reading... How exciting on the weight loss. It gives me hope since I am now at 44 lbs gained. I am glad daycare is going well. I too worry about missing the milestones. I think baby smiles are the best.

    ReplyDelete