Thursday, March 3, 2011
Update from Doctor's appointment
I had my 37 week doctor's appointment yesterday. It was at 2:15 in the afternoon. After checking in, I waited for about 1/2 an hour before I was called. I didn't mind this very much and I would have hate to have seen some of my numbers had I been taken into the back quickly. The nurse, who is amazing, took my weight and blood pressure. I gained 3 lbs in one week. Okay not terrible, but puzzling to me. I have not been eating anything different or more than usual and I haven't been hungry. Then she took my blood pressure . . . 144/82. She tells me she is going to wait a few minutes and try again with a different cuff as well. 130/82 . . . still NOT good. My OB comes in and immediately wants to take my blood pressure. FYI, my blood pressure is NEVER this high. It is usually around 117-120/75ish, so there is a really big concern going on here. Doc takes my blood pressure 128/80. Yes it is dropping but I then get the 20 million questions. Have you been seeing spots? Ankles/feet swollen more than usual? blah blah blah. I am already not taking this very well because Chris is out of town and I KNOW I haven't done anything to cause it to be so high. I proceed to tell the doctor everything I have been telling Chris. I just don't feel right. I'm not hungry but I eat. My stomach feels all messed up and I'm passing way more than normal . . . now she is concerned. It wasn't really the stomach stuff or nausea that has her concerned, but rather the "I just don't feel good." I couldn't really explain it to her very well. Needless to say, I have to go in Monday for them to check my weight and blood pressure and then my next appointment is on Wed. So far it isn't bad enough for her to intervene, but if it does she will induce. I should also note, that there was NO protein in my urine(only trace amounts, which is normal). If anything, it looks like it might be Pregnancy Induced Hypertention, aka PIH. We will keep monitoring it. I have a list of about 20 things to look for and call about.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment