Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Order? Not in this household!

Our house is always a bit disheveled.  Nothing is ever really put into its correct place or anything along those lines.  One of the many pet peeves Chris and I both share is mail all over our kitchen table.  Well . . . thank you target, I'm am going to work on a downstairs mail station!!!  Woo hoo!  Shouldn't take that long.  The longest part is going to be organizing our bills into their NEW appropriate home, the filing cabinet/desk drawer. 

So Aubrey's towel came in yesterday and OMG I'm excited.  Here have a look:

And yes it really is as cute as it looks.  Chris loved it and said we needed to order another one with different colors.  Given that it will wait for a few weeks but I'm sooooooooo excited!!!   We also worked out our most important list and our savings plan to get everything we need for her.  The difficult part was the savings plan because there are such things as bills that still need to be paid!  But here is our list:
  1. Pack n' Play with the sheet and changer pads
  2. Swing and "tummy time" mat
  3. Monitor - we are going to have to cheap out a bit on this one. 
  4. Diaper bag
  5. Stroller
As long as these 5 "big" items are here before or very shortly after Aubrey is here, we will be fine.  The only one I could see us holding off on until after she is here is her stroller.  Again, we can only hold off for 6 weeks.  I'm requiring us to have one by 6 weeks.  As for some of the smaller stuff, we will fit in 1 to two pieces per week so we have enough of everything.

So the majority of stuff we will have and we will very slowly add to it or start upgrading.  We are thinking of getting a cheaper diaper bag and then getting a nicer one later.  Who knows, but for now we are at least on track with something.

Now as for me . . . I have hit the "I'm completely uncomfortable" part of pregnancy.  It doesn't really matter what position I'm in, my ribs hurt, my pelvis hurts, I don't sleep, I'm hot then cold . . . the list can go on and on.  At least there is only 8-9 weeks left right???  It would be so bad if I didn't have to bend over a lab bench all day sieving powder by hand.  That really kills my ribs.  Other than those complaints, I'm doing well.  I just can't wait for her to get here so we can see what she is like.  Chris and I love her so much already, I can't imagine what it will be like when she is here!

31 weeks 6 days . . .



1 comment: