Awesome weekend, minus the infection that seems to have over taken our house. Denae hosted a fantastic baby shower. The food was great, at least what I ate of it. We are still working on those cupcakes! We got lots of great stuff including her letters!!!! YAY!!!! And Denae I don't know if I told you but they are freaking gorgeous!
Please don't get upset when I say this but . . . if you have a registry don't you want most people to buy off of it. I think gifts from family and bff's are a little different (plus my bff knows where I tend to slack off), but for everyone else. With that said, now Chris and I have to come up with some sort of payment plan to get just the stuff we need for her.
Stroller
Pack n' Play
Swing
Diaper bag(s)
Monitor
Recieving blankets
and the list goes on and on and on and on. Thanks goodness some of her stuff is not that expensive like her humidifier and we can put some of the stuff off like her exersaucer and high chair (at least for a month or two). We have kind of put a plan of action into place, but we still need to decide what we need to buy first. Then put everything in order of importance.
On top of all that, her nursery is still not done. We went to look at carpet Sunday night and we found some we liked. Home depot will come out to our house, measure everything and then give us the final price for carpet, padding and installation. Thank goodness because I don't think Chris or I have it in us to do that on top of everything else. We still need to find some sort of help with the furniture and everyone Chris asked this weekend bailed on us. Am I supposed to help him? Geez guys, it will take like 2 hours tops to get that stuff upstairs. Oh well, guess we will have to try to borrow the brothers again! I'm not waiting until Cindy and Matt get down here to move in her furniture. I don't care what anyone says, its just not happening.
This weekend is our childbirth class and I'm nervous yet excited. Nervous because this just justifies exactly how close we are to holding our little girl, but excited because I want to learn about the process in general. I might be a woman but its not like it is 2nd nature to KNOW what to do. Our bodies might know, but I sure dont!
31 weeks 5 days today! WOW!!!!!!!! I don't know what else to say. 8 or so more weeks, unless she comes early. But knowing her, she will be late, just like Chris and I were to our own baby shower. Now time to get Denae's shower stuff done, so hopefully she will have the best shower!
Hey, this BFF bought stuff off the registry AND custom things. Without having a Buy Buy Baby here it made things more difficult. I am glad you like the letters. I was told Chris even seemed to kinda maybe enjoy himself. Success! Coed showers arent easy. BTW I have diapers for you. Someone gave me a package of size 2s they were trying to get rid of - so I thought of you. cant ever have too many diapers except maybe the newborn size.
ReplyDeleteThe shower was great; both Chris and I enjoyed it. By the way, finally ate a cupcake and OMG. I have to watch it around those because I will gain too much weight. Thanks for the diapers, I appreciate it! Anything will help!
ReplyDelete