Wednesday, June 1, 2011

What a weekend

So the BFF is adjusting to life with a newborn.  This has left me feeling anxious for her, but also kinda sad.  I got so used to emailing her 20 times a day, that now that she is super super super busy/tired, she doesn't have the time.  It will get better I know, but still just more adjusting to life. 

Chris and I didn't do a whole lot this weekend.  Chris mowed the yard, while I waiting for our ridicoulous cleaning people to come over and clean.  Bree was in a pretty decent mood until Sunday evening.  I was feeding her and Chris noticed she was pulling on her ear, well more like yanking on her ear.  As soon as she got done eating, she was crying and this went on for 3 hours.  Thank goodness her pediatrician was the one on call  We were able to take her to the doctor Monday morning and get her some amoxacillen (spelling???) for her ears. 

Monday we had a shrimp boil with Andy and Leslie and Chris's co-worker Ben.  Monday was all around a good day and after the medication and tylenol kicked in Bree was back to her normal self.

I have decided that I hate my pump and I really want a new one but I can't afford it.  Not after my work took out $900 in deductions from my paycheck, leaving me with almost nothing.  This will happen for the next 4 paychecks.  I was blind sided and not happy.  Chris and I have been working really hard on doing a budget, so we can go on vacation next year, but now that my normal pay has been reduced by almost $200 because of insurance, I don't know if we will be able to go.  Yesterday was an all around bad day, with Chris sick and my paycheck crap,  I was in no mood to humor people yesterday.  I was able to do P90X last night though.  Bree fell asleep around 7:30 and mom got to workout!  Woo Hooo!!!  I know this will not happen every night, but if I can work out at least 3 times a week, that is MUCH better than none at all. 

Today I am just tired and sore.  I know the workout did its job when I'm sore.  Tonight I'm hoping to at least do Ab Ripper and if I can squeeze it in, I would like to do Kempo (like kickboxing).  That would be fabulous.

Today is Chris's little brother's high school graduation and we can't make it.  Chris is sick, Bree has her ear infections and there is no way after picking up Bree that I would EVER make it on time.  We really wish we could be there but we can't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment